Contests All Contests
DECEMBER 2020 – LEO ADVENT CALENDAR
Win 1 of 24 $100 gift cards!
Subject to applicable laws, these rules apply to all aspects of the contest and are binding upon all participants.
Conditions for Participation
No purchase is required.
To participate in this contest organized by Leger, you must complete at least one survey in November or December 2020. To do so, you must create a LEO (Leger Opinion) account. After registering, you will receive surveys that match your profile.
The odds of winning depend on the number of participants during the contest period and the number of questionnaires completed during the months of November and December.
Eligible Contest Entry Locations
This contest organized by Leger is only open to residents of Canada. Surveys must be completed online on the Leger Opinion portal or app.
Deadline for Entries
The contest will take place from December 1, 2020 00:01 (Eastern Time) to December 24, 2020 at 23:59 (Eastern Time).
Method of Awarding Prize(s) and Prize Description(s) (Number, Detailed Description, Value)
The draws will take place on Leger’s panel management system in compliance with the conditions of participation set out in these rules.
The contest includes:
- 3 Hudson's Bay gift cards worth $100 each, which will be sent to the winners in the weeks following the draw;
- 3 Best Buy gift cards worth $100 each, which will be sent to the winners in the weeks following the draw;
- 3 Amazon.ca gift cards worth $100 each, which will be sent to the winners in the weeks following the draw;
- 3 prepaid Visa cards worth $100 each, which will be sent to the winners in the weeks following the draw;
- 3 Walmart gift cards worth $100 each, which will be sent to the winners in the weeks following the draw;
- 3 Indigo gift cards worth $100 each, which will be sent to the winners in the weeks following the draw;
- 2 Starbucks gift cards worth $100 each, which will be sent to the winners in the weeks following the draw;
- 2 Tim Hortons gift cards worth $100 each, which will be sent to the winners in the weeks following the draw;
- 2 DAVIDsTEA gift cards worth $100 each, which will be sent to the winners in the weeks following the draw.
Leger Opinion is not affiliated with Hudson’s Bay, Best Buy, Amazon.ca, Visa, Walmart, Indigo, Starbucks, Tim Hortons or DAVIDsTEA in any way.
Designation of the Prize Winner(s) (Location, Date and Time)
The draws will be held at 507 Place d'Armes, Suite 700, in Montreal, every day from December 2 to 25, 2020 at 9:00 AM, Eastern Time. All gift cards that are not claimed in December will be part of a second draw, called the Second Chance Draw, on Tuesday, January 5, 2021 at 12:00 PM (noon), Eastern Time.
Method Used to Notify Winner(s)
The winners of the 24 draws will be informed by email about being selected in the draw and the prize they have won within 12 hours following each draw.
A different winner will be contacted by email each day between December 2 and 25, 2020.
In the event that any of the winners do not claim their prize within the response time granted in December, the gift cards they would have won will be part of the Second Chance Draw on January 5, 2021. The winners of the Second Chance Draw will be contacted by email to notify them that they have been selected and the prize that they have won, within 48 hours following the Second Chance Draw on January 5, 2021.
Claiming the Prize(s) – Place, Date and Deadline to Claim the Prize(s)
Winners must send the information requested to validate their identity within 24 hours after the email (to inform them about being selected in the draw) is sent.
Winners can reply directly to the email.
Leger reserves the right to draw new winners if the original winners do not respond within 24 hours of being notified that they have won the contest. If these new winners do not come forward following the Second Chance Draw in January 2021, the contest prize(s) will be declared unclaimed.
Participants will not be declared official winners until the necessary verifications have been completed.
Nature of the Skill-Testing Requirement that Winner(s) Must Satisfy in Order to Claim Their Prize
To obtain the prize, the winners must:
- Send us a picture of themself, containing Leger’s name, in order to demonstrate the authenticity of our winners to other participants.
- Confirm their mailing address, as well as their date of birth.
- Correctly answer the following skill-testing question: (25+15) x 5 - 100.
By accepting their prize, the winners authorize Leger, the contest organizer, to use the winners’ full name, address (only the city of residence will be reported), photo, image, or any statement related to the contest for promotional purposes, without any form of compensation. The winners’ names will be posted on the Leger Opinion website and social media platforms.
Eligibility and Exclusion from Participating
To be eligible for this contest, participants must be of legal age according to the laws of their place of residence and reside in Canada at the time of the draw.
Participants must also be a member of the Leger Opinion panel.
Employees of Leger, including its advertising and promotional agencies, as well as employees of the suppliers of the prize or those of another party directly or indirectly involved in the contest, including their family members and the people with whom they reside, are not eligible to participate in this contest.
Any litigation with respect to the conduct or organization of this contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux (RACJ) for a ruling. Any litigation with respect to the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
Leger is exempt from any liability in the event of:
- lost, stolen, delayed, damaged, incomplete or improperly forwarded registrations;
- viruses on the website or computer bugs during the contest;
- network outages or technical problems with phone lines or networks, computer systems, servers, Internet access service providers, installations or computer material or software;
- any email error or transmission delay, or any other electronic transmissions transmitted by or to Leger or its agents as a result of any technical problems on the Internet or on any other website, or any of the above-mentioned factors in combination;
- any injury or damages caused to a participant or to any other person associated with computers or as a result of participating in the contest.
Without restricting the scope of the contest rules, Leger reserves the right, at its entire discretion (subject to approval, if applicable, by the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec), to modify, suspend or terminate the contest, in whole or in part (and, at its discretion, to name one or more winners among the registered participants) if, for any reason whatsoever, in the opinion of Leger, and at its discretion, the contest did not progress normally, notably because of falsification, an unauthorized human intervention, fraud, violation of the contest rules, errors or technical malfunctions or a virus, computer bug or any other cause that could alter the security and the administration of the contest or adversely affect it.
Leger reserves the right to substitute items of equal or greater value. In the event the prize is unavailable, Leger will ship the most comparable model available.
Any attempt to deliberately damage any website, to obtain unauthorized access to another person’s computer, or to adversely affect the good functioning of the contest is a legal infraction, and, in the event of a person making such an attempt, Leger reserves the right, not only to disqualify this person from the contest, but also to fully exercise its right to remedy in damages under the law, including, if deemed necessary, criminal proceedings.
from Greenfield Park, QC, Canada
from Grand Forks, BC, Canada
from Vancouver, BC, Canada
from Waterloo, ON, Canada
from Brampton, ON, Canada
from Lamèque, NB, Canada
from Edmonton, AB, Canada
from Labrador City, NL, Canada
from Moose Jaw , SK, Canada
from Edmonton, AB, Canada
from New Minas, NS, Canada
from Longueuil, QC, Canada
from Ottawa, ON, Canada
from Trois-Rivières, QC, Canada
from Sainte-Julie, QC, Canada
from Brampton, ON, Canada
from Jonquière, QC, Canada
from Mississauga, ON, Canada
from La Prairie, QC, Canada
from Youngstown, AB, Canada
from Lévis, QC, Canada